Tuesday, February 12, 2013 – Scott’s Restaurant & Bar
Saying “I Do” with Great Officiants.
by Bethany Thomas, Commemory Fine Art
ABC-OC Communications Chair
It was two days before Valentine’s Day and the bridal consultants of ABC-OC got prepared for wedding ceremonies with the sights of bright and beautiful springtime flowers by Three Petals, the sounds of classical music by the Los Angeles Quartet, and a content rich seminar. We learned from the top Wedding Officiants in the industry about all the ins and outs and do’s and dont’s of different types of religious, non-religious ceremonies, and everything about the marriage license process.
The Panel of Experts:
The panel provided extremely insightful information. Some highlights include answers to the following questions:
– Do you know the difference between a public and a confidential marriage license? That if it’s public, anyone has access to the couple’s information like their mother’s maiden name?
– Do you know how long a marriage license is good for as it has an expiration date?
– Did you know a marriage license can be issued minutes before the ceremony but if it isn’t issued, the couple is not legally married?
– Have you witnessed the marriage license process? If not, our panel highly recommends it to get a real feel for it.
– Every wedding is different, just like every couple is different and no two ceremonies are the same?
– “I Do’s” were arrived at to show consent by both parties?
If you missed it, feel free to contact the panel if you need information for your couples. And contact Alan Katz to sit in on the confidential marriage licnese process with one of his couples.
New this year to ABC-OC – attend every event and receive a fabulous prize! Questions? Ask Kevin Covey or Lindsay Longacre.
In the words of Rabbi Barry, “An Ichad Moment is the ‘a ha!’ when all our energy is focused and everything is realized at that moment.” On behalf of everyone who attended, thank you Rabbi Barry and our panel for giving us that understanding of clarity in the importance of what we do for our couples.
A heart felt thank you to our sponsors:
Venue | Scott’s Restaurant & Bar | www.scottsrestaurantandbar.com
Music | Los Angeles Quartet | www.LosAngelesQuartet.com
Florals | Three Petals | www.threepetals.com
Photography | Brian Leahy Photography | www.brianleahyphoto.com
Paper Products | Polka Dot Weekend | www.polkadotweekend.com
Sweets | Ditzie Cakes | www.ditziecakes.com
Linens | Fusion Linens | www.fusionlinens.com
Look for registration information via email and on our Facebook page. See you there!
Not a member yet? Join today and attend our events at our member rates.