April 8, 2014
by Bethany Thomas, Commemory Fine Art
ABC-OC Communications Chair
They have inspired us with their work and the award winning “Master’s Panel” inspired us with their insights as they each shared their knowledge and experience with us.
The conversation was flowing and gaining momentum (and volume) as everyone reconnected on the building of the wedding season and the happenings of the last month.
Once inside, we were greeted to a room that was transformed to a beachy cool scene that could have been the set of a trendy talk show with the gorgeous lighting and stage decor thanks to Found Rentals.
In recognition of 17 years of service in the wedding industry in bouquet preservation for brides, Marianne Besseling of Nature’s Beauty received a custom painting created by Bethany Thomas of Commemory Fine Art as a retirement gift from ABC-OC. Created with dried roses and ranunculus flowers with quotes from her clients and fabric from a wedding dress, it was a wonderful homage to the service Marianne has provided to her clients with such care and dedication that she can treasure always.
What did you take away from the Masters? Their marketing insights? Their thoughts on social media? Managing expectations? Where they find inspiration?
Here are some memorable sound bites as takeaways from each of them. –
- “Social media, word of mouth, venues, knocking on every hotels door in the beginning, doing all the shows, sponsoring everything, not saying no to opportunities that come to get your name out there.”
- “Stay true to who you are and your style.”
- “You never know what connection will lead you to.”
- “Be nice to everyone and good things will happen.”
- “Find your village – the people that get you and are excited about you.”
- “Let vendors shine and do what they do.”
- “Expectations are unreal sometimes with social media like Pinterest. Break it down up front on how things will go.”
- “Be open to ask for help.”
- “Use SCORE – they are retired business owners that are generous. Get expertise from the experienced.”
- “Invest in ABC and your peers. It’s an amazing network of talented people.”
Enjoy the artful images by master photographer, Frank Salas –
Honored Occasions, Steve Shanahan
Victor Sizemore Photography, Victor Sizemore
Design Visage, Caren Lazarus
Found Rentals, Jeni Maus
Kristin Banta Events, Kristin Banta
Nisie’s Enchanted Florist, Nisie Vorachard
Plug Wedding Films, Dan Douglas
Wildflower Linens, Youngsong Martin
Reverend Clint Hufft
Please like and follow our incredible sponsors:
Venue | Balboa Bay Resort
Flowers | Nisie’s Enchanted Florist
Stationery| Li’K Designs
DJ and Lighting | Carcano DJ
Linens | Wildflower Linens
Rentals | Found Rentals
Photography | Frank Salas Photography
String Quartet | Scott Cummings Music
Dessert | Amazing Cake Creations
When’s the next meeting? Mark your calendars for Tuesday, May 13th is the All-Member Educational Meeting, at The Ranch Saloon 6:00pm-9:00pm. The topic is, “From Overwhelmed to Unstoppable” by Renee Strauss.
To join ABC-OC and get on our email list click here.