Rules must be read and acknowledged on entry form
- Submissions may be made for weddings occurring between October 1, 2012* – November 11, 2013.
*Please note that there is an overlap from last year’s submission window. Previously submitted events during the 2012 Trendsetter process will not qualify.
- Deadline for entry is November 12, 2013. Entries must be received by this date. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- Only actual events may be submitted for all categories except for the Best New Concept/Idea. No mock events will be allowed with the exception of Best New Concept/Idea . Only wedding-related events may be submitted (ceremonies, vow-renewals, receptions) may be submitted.
- Submissions will be accepted from any ABC member, who is active in the OC Chapter. No nonmember will be eligible and no members of other ABC Local Networking Groups who are not regularly involved in ABC Orange County will be allowed to submit entries.
- The principal vendor who initiated the creative process may submit in any eligible category. Each participating vendor must be listed on the entry form (venue, caterer, floral designer, entertainment, etc…) as all credit will be provided.
- Members may nominate/submit for their peers.
- Members may submit multiple entries per category throughout the year; however, they will be required to narrow down to one entry per category by October.
- Members may submit multiple entries. The same event can be submitted across categories; however, the same element cannot be submitted to multiple categories. Only one entry per category.
- Entries must be submitted online with the official entry form and up to five photographs. No more than 5 JPEG single images will be accepted. Collages of multiple images will not be accepted. Images must be 1MG or less.
- Videos can only be submitted for Best Captured Moment or Best Concept and must exemplify the video as the entry (not exemplify an element that is the entry). Videos must be less than 60 seconds. Two videos per entry need to be submitted: one at 60 seconds for the judging and the same edited to 30second to be used at the awards presentation, should you win.
- No submitted entry material (other than entry form) should contain identifying information – no logos, watermarks, faces, etc. Any photograph, video or printed material that references the company or individuals involved will be disqualified for consideration.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges made up of wedding-industry experts. The entries will be judged blindly without contact or company information submitted to the judges. One winner will be chosen in each category. Entries will be judged on each categories criteria.
- A category must have 3 or more entries in order to be judged. Members will be contacted if a category is closed due to low submissions. ABC Orange County retains the right to eliminate a category from competition, disqualify entries or otherwise change the competition at their discretion.
- Winner will be announced at the December ABC Orange County meeting on December 10, 2013. All entrants should attend or send a representative to receive the awards.
- ABC Orange County has the right to showcase your entry element at the 2012 ABC Orange County Trendsetter Awards meeting. No entries will be accepted if you deny the right for ABC Orange County to showcase your entry elements.
- By submitting an entry for consideration for the ABC Orange County Trendsetter Awards, entrants authorize ABC Orange County and its affiliates to publish any portion of the entry, including but not limited to submitted images and materials. In addition, all entries become property of ABC Orange County and its affiliates and will not be returned. Photo credit will be given if such information is submitted.
- If you have ANY questions about the submission process or award categories, please contact ABC-OC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners may use the award title they receive in marketing and promotional materials. A winner’s badge will be provided after the gala.